Global Travel Agency
Travel and Tourism
One of the most recognized travel brands and one of Japan’s largest tour companies with approximately $4.7 billion sales in 2011. 270 branches within Japan and more than 380 branches in over 80 countries – employing almost 10,000 people worldwide. The U.S. subsidiary has 13 branches in 10 cities.
- The need to streamline operations, including tour reservations, dispatching and invoicing
- Inefficiencies and poor management due to a lack of integration among various internal systems and with the Japanese headquarters’ systems
- The need to unite multiple systems into one operational system to better support the entire organization
- Each office within the group company had unique requirements and varying preferences
- Each office had different levels of experience using an IT system, making it challenging to fully utilize a system consistently across all offices
- Global inbound operation system development/Tour BI (business intelligence)
- Interface for Microsoft Dynamics GP, web booking system and the headquarters’ tour operation system
- Users: 300 users in U.S.A./Canada Group, 50 in Australia Group
- Improved visibility and management of data
- Five group companies are now using the same system and are interfacing with their own accounting system as well as the operational system in Japan headquarters. System will be rolled out to 10 more group companies and other affiliates in different regions in next two years.
Why They Chose Calsoft
- Calsoft’s long history of creating technology solutions specifically for the travel/tour industry
- Strong technical skill for customization and interfacing