Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a powerful business management software suite that can be tailored to meet the unique needs of a variety of industries. Whether you’re a small business owner or the CEO of a large corporation, Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP can help you streamline your operations, improve your bottom line, and make more informed decisions. However, in order to get the most out of this software, you need to work with a qualified Microsoft Dynamics partner who can help you implement and maintain your system.
Not only is shopping for a new ERP system confusing but trying to select the right ERP service provider can be even more challenging. To ensure that you find the best provider for your needs and maximize project success, it’s important to consider a few key factors when evaluating ERP partners.
- Microsoft ERP Competency: Microsoft offers a range of certifications for Dynamics partners, including Silver and Gold competencies in areas such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM). A partner with these certifications demonstrates that they have the skills and knowledge required to implement and support Microsoft Dynamics software.
- Industry Expertise: When choosing a Microsoft Dynamics partner, it’s important to look for a company that has a wealth of experience and expertise in your industry. Look for a provider that has completed a significant number of ERP implementations for clients in your industry. This indicates that they have a deep understanding of your industry’s specific needs and requirements.
- Questions Asked: A sign of a quality Microsoft Dynamics ERP implementation provider will be the kinds of questions that they ask during the discovery phase when they’re first meeting and interviewing your team to clarify project scope and project requirements. Do they show insight into successful ERP implementations? This is an important indication of their level of expertise and whether they can deliver a successful ERP implementation for your business. If their questions demonstrate a focus on clarifying your management objectives, organizational goals, and a deep understanding of your industry’s business processes, it is a positive sign that they are well-organized and knowledgeable about your industry.
- References: While it may seem obvious, checking references is an important step in selecting an ERP service provider. When conducting reference checks, pay attention to whether the ERP vendor has one or more quality references for ERP projects that are similar in size, scope, and complexity to your own project. Having relevant and successful references increases the likelihood that the ERP vendor will be able to complete your project successfully as well. This is because they have demonstrated their ability to handle similar projects and understand the specific needs and requirements of your industry. By selecting an ERP service provider with strong references, you can have greater confidence that your project will be completed on time and within budget, with minimal disruption to your business operations.
- Consider the Partner’s Size and Location: The size and location of a Microsoft Dynamics partner can also be important factors to consider. If you’re a small business, you may want to work with a smaller partner who can offer more personalized attention and support. However, if you’re a larger organization, you may prefer to work with a larger partner who can provide more resources and expertise. Additionally, you may want to consider a partner that is located near your business, as this can make communication and support more efficient.
- Look for a Partner with a Strong Support System: It’s important to choose a Microsoft Dynamics partner that offers a strong support system. This can include ongoing training, technical support, and regular software updates. A partner that provides these services can help ensure that your Microsoft ERP remains up-to-date and optimized for your business needs.
Keep in mind that high marks in all of the categories above do not guarantee that you’ve found a great ERP implementation provider, but average or low marks likely mean that you should investigate more thoroughly.
What does the “Enterprise Resource Planning Competency” signify?
The Enterprise Resource Planning Competency from Microsoft is a certification program that provides a way for Microsoft Dynamics partners to show that they’ve met various qualifications for selling and implementing Microsoft Dynamics ERP systems. Achieving this certification on both a Silver and Gold level means that the Microsoft Dynamics partner has achieved (during the last 12 months of being certified by Microsoft):
– a certain revenue amount of Microsoft Dynamics software license sales
– a certain number of consultants that have passed technical Microsoft exams
– a certain number of customer references
– a certain number of salespeople that have passed the Microsoft sales exam
The Certified for Enterprise Resource Planning (both Gold and Silver Competency) is available for all of the Microsoft Dynamics ERP systems (i.e., Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP, Dynamics NAV, Etc). The ERP Competency is available in both Silver and Gold (Click Here) to learn more about it.
(Click Here) to read the announcement from Calsoft attaining the Gold ERP Competency Certification.
Finding a qualified Microsoft Dynamics partner can be a critical step in getting the most out of this powerful business management software. By considering factors such as experience, certifications, size, location, and support, you can find a partner that can help you achieve your business goals and maximize your return on investment.
Best of luck in finding a quality ERP implementation partner. If Calsoft can assist you with the RFP and ERP vendor selection process, then feel free to contact us.
- ERP BUYING GUIDE SERIES – MAIN MENU (Click Here)
- How To Figure Out Which ERP Systems To Evaluate (Click Here)
- How Much Does An ERP System Cost? (Click Here)
- How Long Will An ERP Project Take To Implement? (Click Here)
- Cloud ERP vs On-Premise ERP, Which Is Better? (Click Here)
- How To Select An ERP Vendor (Click Here)
- How To Get The Best Price On An ERP System (Click Here)
- ERP Project –What’s Better, Fixed Bid or Time and Material? (Click Here)
- ERP Comparison Chart Between Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP and Dynamics NAV (Click Here)
- What Is A Cloud ERP Solution? (Click Here)
Contact Calsoft by calling 1-888-838-8422 or Send us an email.