ERP implementation is often a big decision for many companies, and choosing the right ERP vendor can determine the success or failure of the project. In addition to selecting an ERP that best suits your budget and needs, an implementation partner often works on a lot of tasks together with you, from requirements analysis to post-production support.
ERP implementation projects for small and midsized businesses typically take 3-9 months. Therefore, it is important to select a sincere and reliable partner, aside from making sure they meet technical standards such as knowledge, technical capabilities and experience. This allows you to communicate effectively and keep your project running smoothly.
With so many ERP vendors and solutions available, you need an evaluation process and framework that help you identify the best ERP vendors based upon your industry and your business’s needs.
Through this article, we hope to help companies select the right vendor when deciding to implement an ERP. Here, a checklist is written based on (1) expertise and (2) execution methods for maximizing project’s success.
Selecting the Right Vendor for You
Preparing for the ERP vendor selection process is key to success. Here are four key aspects to choose an ERP vendor and ensure the success of your implementation.
ERP selection and vendor criteria
- Experience in ERP software – How many implementation projects have the vendor done with the software you are interested in?
- Industry expertise – How many projects have the vendor done in your industry? Does the vendor have experience and knowledge regarding your industry?
- Project method – Is the vendor’s implementation method effective and suitable for your company?
- Understanding of requirements – How well does the vendor understand your company’s business and needs? What sets them apart from other ERP vendors?
How to carry out the project
- Understanding how to proceed – Do you understand the vendor’s implementation schedule and processes? Do you have any objection to that?
- Management method – Do you have effective methods to manage the vendor’s project management documents such as implementation guidelines, progress reports and other submissions?
- Budget – How do vendors control the cost of approval process and projects? Are they likely to minimize cost overruns?
- Understanding the purpose – Does the vendor understand the purpose and goals of your company’s project? Do they have a clear image?
Selecting an ERP vendor is a big step for a business and should be something you take your time to evaluate and compare.
ERP implementation projects for small businesses, such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, typically take 3-9 months. Therefore, it is important to not only select a reliable partner with expert technical aspects and experience, but also one that understands your goals and expectations.
For over 20 years, Calsoft has dedicated its business to answering customer needs through world-class services in solution implementation and development. As a certified Gold Partner of Microsoft, we have completed numerous Microsoft Dynamics projects. Our goal is to help you maximize business results by improving the efficiency of your company’s operation.
- How to Select an ERP
- How Much Does An ERP System Cost?
- How Long Will An ERP Project Take To Implement?
- Cloud ERP vs On-Premise ERP – Which Is Better?
- How to Select an ERP Vendor
- How To Get The Best Price On An ERP System
- ERP Project – Fixed Bid or Time and Materials?
- ERP Comparison: Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation, Dynamics 365 BC, Dynamics GP
- What is a Cloud ERP Solution?