This article is a continuation of the ERP Implementation Guide Part 2: How Much Does An ERP System Cost?, where the approximate cost of deploying an ERP for small businesses (such as Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, and Dynamics 365) has been covered. In this article, we will explore the period required to implement an ERP based on the same examples.
Comparison of implementation period: Examples of 3 companies with different numbers of users and functions
When implementing ERP for small/mid/enterprise businesses, it usually takes 3 to 9 months, depending on the scope of requirements. If the system needs to be customized, the duration of the project will change accordingly.
Steps to Go-Live
The general flow and duration of an ERP implementation project for small to mid-sized businesses is as follows.
1.Requirements Analysis (1～4 weeks)
- Verify the purpose, budget, period, and requirements for the system implementation.
- After the requirements analysis, the appropriate ERP will be selected for implementation.
2. Setup Test Environment (2～7 weeks)
- Once the requirements are set, the vendor will build the system environment.
- Setup the ERP system using the test server.
3. Implementation Phase (7～16 weeks)
- Continue setup and test the ERP system.
- If add-ons or integration with other system needs to be developed, it will be done simultaneously
4. User Training (2～6 weeks)
- Perform acceptance testing by end users.
- The vendor creates a training manual.
5. Go-Live (Few days)
- Will switch to production environment of new system.
- Perform beginning balance data migration and check whether data migrated from the previous system is reflected correctly.
6. After Go-Live Support (1～2 weeks)
- Vendors provide support for one to two weeks.
ERP implementation projects have costed enormous amount of work and money in the past. However in recent years, ERP implementation has become a lot more feasible in a short period of 3 to 9 months.
Please feel free to contact Calsoft Systems when considering an ERP implementation project.
For over 20 years, Calsoft has dedicated its business to answering customer needs through world-class services in solution implementation and development. As a certified Gold Partner of Microsoft, we have completed numerous Microsoft Dynamics projects. Our goal is to help you maximize business results by improving the efficiency of your company’s operation.
- How to Select an ERP
- How Much Does An ERP System Cost?
- How Long Will An ERP Project Take To Implement?
- Cloud ERP vs On-Premise ERP – Which Is Better?
- How to Select an ERP Vendor
- How To Get The Best Price On An ERP System
- ERP Project – Fixed Bid or Time and Materials?
- ERP Comparison: Dynamics 365 Finance and Operation, Dynamics 365 BC, Dynamics GP
- What is a Cloud ERP Solution?