ERP BUYING GUIDE SERIES (Article 4 OF 10)
Scroll to the bottom to see additional articles in this series. This interrelated series of blogs will focus on the important essentials to help you streamline the process of evaluating and procuring a new ERP system.
How Long Will An ERP Project Take To Implement?
This article is intended to provide you general guidelines. If a specific timeframe or a detailed project schedule is desired then please contact Calsoft. See below for various project phases and the typical services provided in an ERP implementation.
I’ll focus on project timeframes for mid-market solutions. Dynamics GP and Dynamics NAV are positioned by Microsoft as ideal for companies with $20 Mil – $700 Mil in annual revenues. These are two of the most popular ERP systems for the mid-market.In reference to Article 3, (How much does an ERP system cost, (Click Here)) of this series of articles, here are timeframes for those three scenarios:
- Project Timeframe: 2.5 – 4 months 3 CONCURRENT USERS – FINANCIAL MODULES ONLY Presumes that no customizations are needed. Presumes no integrations are needed.
- Project Timeframe: 5 – 6 months 7-10 CONCURRENT USERS – FINANCIALS, SALES, INVENTORY FUNCTIONALITY Presumes that no customizations are needed. Presumes no integrations are needed.
- Project Timeframe: 5 – 7 months 12-15 CONCURRENT USERS – FINANCIALS, SALES, INVENTORY FUNCTIONALITY Presumes that very few (if any) customizations are needed. Presumes little to no integrations are needed.
- Project Timeframe: 6 – 9 Months is a rough estimate for clients that (in addition to needing standard financial management and sales order management) need project accounting, manufacturing or eCommerce.
The typical project phases (in this order) and services provided for a mid-market ERP project are:
- Requirements Analysis Phase ( 1-3 weeks)
- Prototype Phase – Set-Up & configuration of the ERP System on a test server (3-6 weeks)
- Implementation Phase – Set-Up & configuration continued, development, testing phases (8-14 weeks)
- Training & User Acceptance Testing Phases (3-6 weeks)
- Go – Live Phase (a few days)
- Post Go – Live Support Phase (Varies but typically 1-2 weeks of onsite support, as needed)
- If you found this article valuable then I encourage you to read some of the other articles in this series:
- 1. ERP BUYING GUIDE SERIES – MAIN MENU (Click Here) 2. How To Figure Out Which ERP Systems To Evaluate (Click Here) 3. How Much Does An ERP System Cost? (Click Here) 4. How Long Will An ERP Project Take To Implement? (Click Here) 5. Cloud ERP vs On-Premise ERP, Which Is Better? (Click Here) 6. How To Select An ERP Vendor (Click Here) 7. How To Get The Best Price On An ERP System (Click Here) 8. ERP Project –What’s Better, Fixed Bid or Time and Material? (Click Here) 9. ERP Comparison Chart Between Dynamics AX, Dynamics GP and Dynamics NAV (Click Here) 10. What Is A Cloud ERP Solution? (Click Here)
And of course Calsoft is available to assist. Call 1-888-838-8422 or Send us an email.